• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Professional DC

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 and I recently installed Acrobat Pro DC. I get a crash each time I try to edit a pdf document with the following:

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
  Application Name:Acrobat.exe
  Application Version:15.9.20069.28170
  Application Timestamp:560c3bd3
  Fault Module Name:MSVCR120.dll
  Fault Module Version:12.0.21005.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:524f7ce6
  Exception Code:40000015
  Exception Offset:000a7676
  OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:1033
  Additional Information 1:dd20
  Additional Information 2:dd20237c8f5fc2ca059d8955e89d1295
  Additional Information 3:267c
  Additional Information 4:267c7c1cb50e8e56aa19db88ceaf1349

I have tried to run the repair and also have restarted several times. Any assistance you can provide would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Rod

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't heard anything from anyone in the forum regarding this issue. Any recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a User 2 User forum and there are very few Adobe staff that participates in these forums, so the response time can be very slow. There are a very limited number of volunteers that respond to the questions.

Adobe Labs has an Acrobat/Reader removal tool the removes 99.999% of Acrobat/Reader. It will not remove saved PDF files and only leaves behind the flag for use of the trial version.

Acrobat/Reader Cleaner Tool

After running the tool, restart your system so the entire uninstall is completed and then reinstall Acrobat and I would do a restart after this and then see if the problem is fixed. Are you using the Creative Cloud suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a new installation, you may want to try Adobe's customer service. With crashes like this, there is really nothing that we can do (besides suggesting things like the Cleaner tool). Only Adobe's engineers know what this crash report means, and what code can potentially have produced it. You can contact their support here: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to contact support, but it says that the forum is my ONLY support option. It's not like we are using the free Reader application. We actually paid pretty good money for this software to get NO official support. So it appears Google and the forum are as good is it gets if you have a problem with this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated…

Adobe does indeed offer support for Acrobat DC. In fact although some Adobe employees do monitor these forums, they are not Adobe support.

Who in Adobe support told you that this forum is the only support option? We offer an on-line chat facility and telephone-based technical support. See the Adobe.com website for details. Specifically go to <Contact Customer Care >.

If in fact someone via on-line chat or on the phone directed you here as “the ONLY support option,” ask for a supervisor or manager because the information you were given was dead wrong!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the site to troubleshoot issues I get the following:

It says that phone support isn't offered and the only other contact it gives is the forum. I don't see a way to email support because that's not listed as an option. Do you have an address that I can email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which options did you enter until you got to this screen? Also, which country are you from, there may be a difference in support levels depending on where you live. Here is what I get when I pick Adobe Acrobat:

2017-01-24_17-23-49.png

As you can see, both chat and phone are listed as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What product did you select higher up the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't choose "howtos". Adobe won't support learning how to use the app. Thy installation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interestingly enough that is exactly what I selected when I took the screenshot above. It did give me the phone and chat options. My initial thought also was that with How-tos, I would not get these options - I was looking for an explanation about why these options were not available to rodm95385283

2017-01-24_18-41-05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines