• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Cinemagraph Video Stutter

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been working on this Cinemagraph in Photoshop CC of a beer pouring into a glass. I have it playing perfectly inside of Photoshop.  The trouble comes when I export it to mp4.  When I loop it, there's a stutter when it loops back to the beginning.  Looking at quicktime player, it looks like it's somehow doing a loop back after the first frame.  Here's a video showing what the quicktime player play head looks like:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ll_9Ys8MMmaGd0YWxwWnExVjQ

I've tried trimming the beginning and end - there doesn't appear to be any extra frames. It also loops perfectly when I export as a GIF (but the quality is not to the level I need).   So I am a little stumped.

Here's links to psd file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ll_9Ys8MMmMWl2MFF5WFQ0cTA

And the exported cinemagraph:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ll_9Ys8MMmY0YyYjdTYWFPMms

Can any of you wise people see if I am doing something wrong or if this is some sort of Adobe Media encoder bug/known issue?

Many thanks!

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pdxsteve,

I have tried playing the video on various video players on loop it is doing the same thing at my end, I think it is happening because the last frame of the video is different than the first frame and when the video loops back to the beginning it looks like there's a stutter.

You can try placing a copy of the same video at the end of the first video and try exporting that out as .mp4

Let us know about the outcome.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my issue.  I tried your suggestion and placed a second copy of the video at the end of the first and rendering that out as one video that loops.  I definitely saw the hitch when the play head crossed from the first video to the second (not just in looping from the end to the beginning), so something's a little off inside of the PSD. 

The strange thing is that when I do frame by frame comparisons in the PSD or loop it in the PSD it looks good.  And when I a render out a GIF instead of a mp4, it loops flawlessly without a hitch.

Beer-Pour-H264.gif

So it's still got me puzzled.  Am going to back through the Phlearn tutorial I used (How to Create a Cinemagraph in Photoshop - YouTube ), retrace my steps and see if I can figure out if there is a frame mismatch I am not catching.

Cheers,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if this was ever solved?

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured this out today.... its the empty audio track causing the hiccup.  i exported a photoshop video, imported it in premiere and exported it without the audio track checked  and it looped without the hiccup.... they need to make a option in photoshop to not include a audio track.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines