Exit

Flash CS6 crashes on launch after OS update

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on  Mac tower (early 2009) ver 10.11.6

Flash 6 was working fine. Then it wasn't.  Two things have changed recently which may have something to do with this ...

I got onto Adobe Cloud - and I did one of those OS updates that periodically come up.

Please advise.

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

check your flash version (help>about flash).

if you see a version earlier than this:

Screenshot - 1_26_2017 , 3_58_25 PM.png

update by downloading the files from:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to install a new version of Java. How do I install Java for my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robdillon,

Tried that. No go.  I also  just reinstalled Flash and it still won't open. It stops while initializing fonts. I see something from 2014 about that but the video (working on a PC) bears no resemblance to my MAC file structure. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS update did you install? Did you reinstall Flash from your original DVD or did you use the Creative Cloud version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I reinstalled from the dvd. The updates were to Safari 10.0.2 and a Security update- whatever that means. I only did it because of that constant thing that pops up saying that updates are available...

The new subscription Flash (now called Animate) program opens fine, and there was a period of time when the older Flash 6 opened also, so I don't think the problem is because of my installing the new CC programs.

Thank you for thinking about this with me.

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh another thing, when it crashes it says that Adobe has found a 'work around for my problem' and to 'click here' for more info. That blue type 'click here' however doesn't take me anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you installed from the DVD, you will need to get all of the updates to CS6. Alternately, you can use the installation from Creative Cloud, that will give you the latest version. This help file explains the process: Download and install Creative Cloud apps .

I don't think there is anything in that software update that impacts Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your console to see if you can get info about the faulting module,

Applications>Utilities>console.app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kglad,

Oh my, I went there and am now officially out of my depth. I tried opening the program with the console open and watched it spit out all kinds of...verbage. Here's a screen grab of the latest. If it means anything to you I'd love to learn....Untitled 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your flash version (help>about flash).

if you see a version earlier than this:

Screenshot - 1_26_2017 , 3_58_25 PM.png

update by downloading the files from:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Thank you soon much.

Sincerely,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines