Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bringing Cinema 4D Lite file into After Effects only showing black

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on bringing a .obj file into After Effects but I can't seem to get it to work. In After Effects I'm selecting New -> MAXON CINEMA 4D FILE. In Cinema 4D Lite I'm bringing my .obj file into the new file I create and saving the file. In After Effects when I select it in the project bin I can see a preview of it, but when I bring it into a composition I'm only seeing black.  Here are some pictures to show what I mean:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Any help would be great! I'm fairly new to this. My computer is also not the most spec'd out, so I'm wondering if there is a setting I might have to change in order to have my graphics card render the file?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the renderer from Software to something else.

Also, what are the specs of your machine?

Also, what (exact) version of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

Thanks for the reply! I tried changing the renderer to all of the other options and still no luck.

My machine specs:

Windows 7

Processor: intel core i5-4590 @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs)

Ram: 8GB

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 730

I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2017 (14.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heyryanleys,

Did you ever solve this issue? If so, how? If not, let us know how we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin

Is there a solution to this problem? I can preview the obj file in after effects but a soon as I drop it into the comp and change the render settings I just end up with a black screen?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines