• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Saving Image Back to Lightroom From Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After performing some basic adjustments to a JPEG image in photoshop, I pressed save, and while it worked correctly, only a JPEG version of the file was saved and imported into Lightroom rather than a TIFF version that I had specified.  The TIFF was saved into the same folder as the original, along with the second JPEG, but for some reason, it was only the JPEG that was imported. 

Is there any way to stop Photoshop saving the JPEG version and just import the TIFF back into LR instead?

I am using Lightroom 2015.7 and Photoshop 2017.0.1 on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2.

Thanks in advance.

-Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update- It seems only to happen when the image has been opened from Lightroom via either 'open original' or 'open a copy'.  There are no issues with saving when the image is opened via 'edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I am correct, you send a jpeg file from Lightroom to Photoshop for further editing and when you save you are expecting a tiff file to be saved and imported into Lightroom?

I believe the option to save a tiff or psd file is applicable when you send a RAW file from Lightroom to Photoshop for editing.

What benefit do you expect to derive from having Photoshop save a tiff file while working with a jpeg file? The only thing that would happen is you will get much larger file without any improved resolution.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Partially.  It seems to be saving both, one JPEG which it imports into LR, and one TIFF or PSD, into the same folder, though doesn't import it into Lightroom.  It seems to default to saving a TIFF or PSD for me for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines