• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has my 'number of columns' icon gone in CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to CC 2017 and there's a big black hole where my columns icons should be. I'd be veryScreen Shot 2017-01-25 at 00.34.25.png

grateful if someone could tell me how to find them? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

It's because the new toolbar has slightly bigger buttons to accommodate HiDPI displays. On smaller displays, all the buttons don't fit anymore.

Three options:

1. Buy a new monitor (kidding!)
  2. Click the little gear button in your screen shot and disable buttons you don't use very often to make room
  3. Object > Text Frame Options and set the columns there (Ctrl/Cmd B is the shortcut)

This is a related post that you may find helpful (not to mention that the Frame Fitting buttons are also missing from your scre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because the new toolbar has slightly bigger buttons to accommodate HiDPI displays. On smaller displays, all the buttons don't fit anymore.

Three options:

1. Buy a new monitor (kidding!)
  2. Click the little gear button in your screen shot and disable buttons you don't use very often to make room
  3. Object > Text Frame Options and set the columns there (Ctrl/Cmd B is the shortcut)

This is a related post that you may find helpful (not to mention that the Frame Fitting buttons are also missing from your screen, and perhaps you haven't noticed that yet!)

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-frame-fitting-buttons/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. I had to disable quite a lot of buttons but I can now see my columns. Thank you so much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines