• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools not functioning

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I was working on a page layout when things went very wrong... all of the tools are acting like the selection tool (ex. text tool will grab boxes, but not allow me to interact with text) and when I try to resize an existing image or text item, the object resizes proportionally even though I have the link button deselected on the control panel. I've tried the keystroke command for resetting preferences, relaunching, creating a new file, etc. to no avail. Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly going to suggest that you reboot (restart) the computer and come back if that doesn't solve things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exactly the same issue, all tools went haywire right in the middle of working on a brochure. I followed all suggestions I came across in other forums – I removed 3rd party extensions, trashed preferences AND InDesign SavedData (with Cache folder) before finally reinstalling. Unfortunately none of those worked until I rebooted based on @Eternal_Warrior's suggestion. Boom! Everything went back to normal.

I still don't know why it happened (perhaps a bug in InDesign?). It cost me two day's work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your keyboard and mouse first.. if you have optional hardware items try to use..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of that works Try resetting your preferences Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines