• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Lightening Effects (and others) Grayed Out?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Filters, then to Render, many of the options are grayed out. For example, Lightening Effects, Flame, Picture Frame, and Tree. I've read that this is because your image is suppose to be RGB color and 8 bits/channel, but I checked my image and it is. I have tried using several different images in different formats, and tried closing down my Photoshop and opening it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? A setting I need to fix?

Also, why are some of the Color Lookups turning my image black when I click on them? Is this normal? Will this go away?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Hi

If you are definitely in 8 bit RGB then check your graphics processor settings in Preferences. Use Graphics processor needs to be enabled for Lighting effects which means you also have to have a GPU capable of supporting it.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

On the color look ups, I raised a bug report about 4 weeks ago covering this - you may wish to add your comments

CC2017 Color look up table issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you are definitely in 8 bit RGB then check your graphics processor settings in Preferences. Use Graphics processor needs to be enabled for Lighting effects which means you also have to have a GPU capable of supporting it.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

On the color look ups, I raised a bug report about 4 weeks ago covering this - you may wish to add your comments

CC2017 Color look up table issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, are you sure that you are targeting a layer, and not a layer mask, for instance? Or that just a single channel is selected?

If I do that, many choices are greyed out, as it is a monochrome channel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines