• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relink Missing Links?

Advocate ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  I am trying to add a relink "automatically" missing artwork multiple filetypes (eps, ai, psd, pdf just to name a few).  I know the Original Folder and the New Folder. I'm Cleaning up our Art folder and trying to put the almost never used artwork in its own Folder.  its a simple Folder One is Art the other is Old Art.

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

See this script.

If only a part of the path names is different, you may try this one.

—Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this script.

—Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Couldnt get this one to work.  The file names will stay the same just move Folders.  THe Batch one works like a charm but it makes me select the Folder Each time.  Is there a version you have that remembers the Folder I am changing to? I wont always have the files opened at the same time. 

For instance on some jobs my folders will change like this From /Volumes/ART/ART.ai to  /Volumes/ART/OLD ART/ART.ai those 2 folders will not change.  I thought the First script you sent would allow me to plug that in but it wasnt working (Probably Operator error)/.  I'm fighing a head cold so i may just not be understanding what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kasyan Servetsky wrote:

See this script.

—Kas

Yep it was operator i typed it in wrong.  My question is Will this relink every Picture to that new folder or will it only replace the Unlinked Files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean by "Unlinked Files": missing, embeded. Anyway, the script tries to relink every link.

I wrote it back in 2010 so don't remember details but in the new path don't add "/Volumes/" at the beginning, the script adds it automatically.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say missing link's.  ANd after playing around with it.  It seems to do what i want.  Thanks you.  I'll give it a go and see what happens.  From what i could see it only updated the Missing links.  and did not change the Art that did not need it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the script to process only missing links, add a condition (after line #69) which checks 'if the current link isn't missing -- skip it'. Like so:

for (var i = gLinks.length-1; i >= 0 ; i--) {

var currentLink = gLinks;

if (currentLink.status != LinkStatus.LINK_MISSING) continue;

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off thanks for your reply.  This is kinda what i'm wanting.  I actually want to have it do it automatically.  So no one has to remember paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2nd script will remember the 'old' and the 'new' part of the path that is dissimilar so you don't have to reenter them next time you run the script.

On the other hand, you can use this script to batch process all the documents in the selected folder and optionally its subfolders. It will run a 'relink all missing links to this folder' script (still to be written, but that's easy) against all the files logging the result: e.g. relinked/not found.

—Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to play with The First Script actually.  I dont know what i was thinking.  All it needs to do is remember the folder names and the rest should work.  So no one will need to enter Paths and tiles.  I went crazy for a second there.  SOrry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect thank you ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines