• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio play buttons not showing up in certain browsers

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a Digital Document in Indesign. On numerous pages I have audio files. I have included play buttons for the audio files. I have used both the Standard button and my own image. In either instance when i open the page in Chrome, or Internet explorer the button does not show up. In firefox, safari, and edge the buttons show up and work as expected.

I have included images of one instance in the document. Even though Chrome does show a holder it does not work. In IE there is nothing visible at all

I have installed and or updated Flash, shockwave, and java.

Any ideas would be very appreciated

thank you

edge.PNGchrome.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the InDesign forum from the DPS forum. It appears you're referring to Publish Online.

My advice is to create a button and use that to trigger the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post just the page with the sound embedded so I can look at your button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the published document. In chrome the buttons do not show up. If you open the link in Firefox it works fine. I have tried using my own images as a source for the button and also using the standard built in button. Thanks for taking the time to look at this

https://indd.adobe.com/view/58e020f8-bd0e-401f-8225-b9b5f076fc2a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm totally stumped! It's not just the button doesn't work, there are no controls for the mp3 file.

What happens when you create an interactive PDF of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines