• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i updated ps 2017.01 but it won't start

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wen i start ps 2017.01 it starts until i see the workplace and than it closes whith a error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Hi. I'm sorry that didn't work. Sounds like the problem runs deeper than it originally appeared.

You don't mention if, before reinstalling, you used the Adobe Cleaner Tool. I highly recommend doing so, to get all the extra little stuff deleted from your system.

You can download and follow the instructions for use of the tool here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I suggest running the cleaner tool (back up any presets or plugins you have, prior to running the too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information, this *looks* like you may be dealing with an extension or third party filter that may no longer be compatible with this version of Photoshop.

To test for this, hold down the Shift key and launch Photoshop. A dialog appears during launch that reads “Skip loading optional and third-party plug-ins?” and hit yes.

If Photoshop doesn't close, we know that's the problem.

Since I'm unsure which OS you're using, I can't provide instructions on where to find your plugin files (differs between Mac and Windows), but perhaps this article can help you find info for your system's plugins and extensions:
Photoshop CC add-ons (plug-ins and extensions)

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reaction,

but it dident help i am using windows 10 and everithing is updated.

i had ps 2015 and updateded last zaterday to ps 2017 nou the program starts but befor i can do ennithing there coms a pupop that ps has a error and wil be closed.

please help i need id for work. i am a teacher.

yestrday i reinstald the program several times stil not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I'm sorry that didn't work. Sounds like the problem runs deeper than it originally appeared.

You don't mention if, before reinstalling, you used the Adobe Cleaner Tool. I highly recommend doing so, to get all the extra little stuff deleted from your system.

You can download and follow the instructions for use of the tool here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I suggest running the cleaner tool (back up any presets or plugins you have, prior to running the tool). Then, restart the computer. Then, run any system cleaning or management utilities you may have, to ensure stability of your OS. THEN reinstall Photoshop from scratch

Also - please check that your browser (I know, it makes no sense, but it's what affected my usage) has no Adobe plugins enabled. In fact, do that FIRST - At one point, it was a browser plugin that had been causing ALL my problems - a legitimate Adobe plugin, btw.

Good luck!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines