• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOs Sierra -36 error when opening adobe-files from AFP-Server

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my colleague work on a AFP Local server and have been for several years. Recently when trying to open indesign-, acrobat-, photoshop-, illustrator- (and so on) files I get an -36 error message. I have to drag the file locally to open them, and then save it back to the server. This applies to my Macbook Pro and iMac running Sierra 10.12.2, but not to my colleagues iMac running El Capitan.

Any solutions to this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

researching that error message further, it looks like a os error.  check the apple forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's in english, attach a screenshot of the error.  otherwise, copy and paste the non-English message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 14.42.19.png

Not very helpfull I am afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have discovered if I use File-Open from within the application, locate the file I can open it. But I cannot double-click the file or right-click and "open" or "Open with" and choose the appropriate application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not do anything - this applies to all my adobe applications, not just indesign. I have tried uninstalling - reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

researching that error message further, it looks like a os error.  check the apple forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines