• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet InDesign CC 2017 exporting only half the spreads.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print booklet option in InDesign CC 2017 is not exporting the whole spread (11x17)? It is only exporting only half the spreads to postscript... Please help, I need to use this at home for a proof. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. I spent about 2 hours with an Adobe support expert who told me that Apple computers cannot export to postscript files. I actually don't believe that.

I have a mid 2012 Apple Macbook Pro with OSX Sierra and a 2016 iMac also with Sierra, and on both cases the export to postscript file doesn't work. The print booklet to postscript file exports only even pages, and these are also not entirely exported. The top part of the pages is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.   I have been using the "print booklet" option in InDesign and I use a postscript driver on a Mac--so my booklets always export to a postscript file.  Until I upgraded to InDesign CC 2017 (the newest version) it always worked.  Now that I have upgraded to InDesign CC 2017, printing to a booklet does not work--it cuts off the spread (and crops the page it does export). I also cannot change the orientation of the page in the print setup--for example, I need to export booklets (with crops and bleed) onto a 18"x12" page for printing; when I try to set up this size, it will only let me enter the page size as 12" wide and 18" tall--I need the page to be oriented landscape, not portrait. 

The print preview will show the entire booklet spread--left and right sides and oriented landscape; but when it exports to a postscript file, it only shows the even pages and they are cut off.

I cannot export the file as a regular pdf because I need the pages to be interposed for booklet printing.  Exporting it as spreads does not work either because this will not interpose the pages for booklet printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD? If you overwrote the previous version of ID it wouldn't have been automatically installed. The PPD lets you choose custom page sizes in your Print Settings...

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 11.02.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but the dimensions section gets greyed out and I can't adjust

Adobe, please look into this and update with a fix ASAP!!! This is what InDesign is mostly used for!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but the dimensions section gets greyed out and I can't adjust

Can you show a screen capture? What are you choosing from the PPD dropdown?

This is what InDesign is mostly used for!!!

Print Booklet is actually a minor feature. Most professional printers would use third party imposition programs. You can also export a PDF and use Acrobat's booklet feature for simple impositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I will try that route instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the dimensions section gets greyed out

Device Independent doesn't work for the PPD:

Screen Shot 5.png

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I download the ADOBE PDF 9.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please look into this and update with a fix ASAP!!! This is what InDesign is mostly used for!!!

Who wants to break the news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines