Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit and saving errors on Windows 10

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have built out an XD project in one file on my home laptop running windows 10. The file uses fonts from Typekit. I then downloaded XD to my 2nd laptop to allow me to work on this project from a different location. My XD file is in the cloud allowing me to work on it from this 2nd laptop. However, when I open it, I cannot save it once a single amend is made to the file. It also doesn't not render the typekit fonts - even when they are selected, it will serve the Segoe font, sometimes it will even crash when I try and change the font to a system font.

When I open a blank project from this 2nd laptop, and make some additions to the file, I can save this fine. However, I have the same Typekit problems as before, it will not render them even though they are selectable as an option, and once selected, after 5 seconds will crash XD.

I completely uninstalled the typekit fonts, signed out of Creative Cloud, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, reinstalled XD, reinstalled Typekits.... but same thing happens.

Has anyone else experienced this XD bug and / or have any advice please?

Note, the typekit fonts work fine in Illustrator / Indesign / Muse etc.

Many thanks

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Hi Stuart,

Can you please run winver (click Start -> write winver -> press Enter) on the 2 machines and check OS Build?

There was a bug in Windows10 with TypeKit fonts that has been fixed since 14393.351.

My guess is that you have an older version on the 2nd laptop, the one that is causing problems. If so, can you please try to update Windows and check if you still have the problem?

winver.png

Thanks,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

Can you please run winver (click Start -> write winver -> press Enter) on the 2 machines and check OS Build?

There was a bug in Windows10 with TypeKit fonts that has been fixed since 14393.351.

My guess is that you have an older version on the 2nd laptop, the one that is causing problems. If so, can you please try to update Windows and check if you still have the problem?

winver.png

Thanks,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vlad,

Yes you are absolutely right. The 2nd laptop have 14393.0 version, I have just updated it and all is now working correctly.

Many thanks, keep up the great work.

Regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines