• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do Muse and other themes use HUGE pictures and Words too?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very excited to download Muse and see all the power.  But when I went to look for a theme close to what I want, all I can find are themes that all look the same.  They have a ginormous picture at top, then have huge icons with huge words.  Totally unprofessional and amateur looking. 

If there a technical reason that themes are all so ugly now?  Not just for Muse but for other website builders too.

Are there any professional looking well organized Muse themes?  I want to pay for one if I can find it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

The sites you are mentioning have absolutely nothing to do with Muse. They aren’ made with this application. But even, if they were made with Muse: Would you blame the paintbrush if somebody paints an ugly image?

I think, it is all a matter of taste. If you don’t like sites like these, why don’t you create different ones? Muse will allow you to do this.

By the way: I, for my part, don’t think, that the https://www.brandsoftheworld.com is a better example. It is confusingly overfilled, and has not

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which templates and themes did you check? Could you show us some of the "ugly" and "unprofessional" ones?

There is absolutely no need for gigantic images and type sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://themeforest.net/category/muse-templates

...Honestly, I do not know who is buying the theme for the Muse. Muse is specially designed so that you can do everything as you like to the smallest details. If you do not have the skill or talent in design and you are ready to buy, the best practice for you to use something like wordpress and buy themes for this .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gunter and Pavel,

As I was looking around at different websites to give you guys examples of what I think are ugly and unprofessional, I realized almost EVERY website fits this description to me.  So I googled "why do all websites look the same" and got a pretty interesting answer-

http://adventurega.me/bootstrap/

It appears that everyone uses the same basic template/design for reasons I can only guess are to be responsive, SEO, and following the herd.

I find it ironic that that days of graphic artists, creative directors, and website designers are over.  Just buy a theme and change pictures and text.  hit publish and you're done.

To me these websites are for the near blind.  Why else do you need a image that extends edge to edge and text that is so large.  It's sad that I can't find any examples of what I am searching for.  Maybe something like this to me is more useful and easier on the eyes

https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

Even http://adobe.com is a nice departure from all the templates and themes.

OK, any comments would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sites you are mentioning have absolutely nothing to do with Muse. They aren’ made with this application. But even, if they were made with Muse: Would you blame the paintbrush if somebody paints an ugly image?

I think, it is all a matter of taste. If you don’t like sites like these, why don’t you create different ones? Muse will allow you to do this.

By the way: I, for my part, don’t think, that the https://www.brandsoftheworld.com is a better example. It is confusingly overfilled, and has not much to do with something, I would call "professionaly designed" It is layouted like an outdated magazine.

But again: It is your very personal decision, how your Muse sites will look at the end. The design tendency is to use only a few clearly organised elements filling the whole screen dynamically. Your sample site is a fixed width site, which can be easily created with Muse, but it is not the actual design tendency.

Here a vendor of Muse templates: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-templates​​. Made for "the near blind"? If you think so, nothing in Muse will stop you to create something for the sighted part of mankind.

By the way: I can’t understand your comment "I find it ironic that that days of graphic artists, creative directors, and website designers are over.  Just buy a theme and change pictures and text.  hit publish and you're done." Wasn’t it YOU, who asked for templates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think we're communicating well here.  I think Muse is great.  It's probably the best Website Builder I have tried so far.  My issue is not with Muse, but it's with why all theme's look and act the same. 

I have developed hundreds of websites on notepad and am very experienced on the technical front.  But Muse can do it better and faster. 

I look for templates or examples sites as do ALL website developers do. 

My question again is why 95%+ of all templates and websites today all look and act the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maribay написал(а):

My question again is why 95%+ of all templates and websites today all look and act the same.

You are wrong. 95% of the sites look the same, not only today, but always based on the fashion trends in design.

Here Site of the Day – Adobe Muse Widget Directory  you can find some variety to what would be inspired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because most of "designers" use templates – just like you are trying to do.

A designer (not a "designer") doesn’t need templates, when using Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines