• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

re install [How to reinstall Lightroom 6?]

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to put a new hard drive in my computer and need to re install LR6.. how do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Download it from here.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Then download the 6.7 update from the same location.

Install the main program then the update. You'll need to sign in and enter the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from here.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Then download the 6.7 update from the same location.

Install the main program then the update. You'll need to sign in and enter the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going through a similar process of reinstalling LR6 - but after it downloads I get a message asking which program do I want to use to open it. What do I do at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the wrong file? Did you download the Mac version and try to open it on Windows? Or vice versa?

What is the exact full name (including file type) of the file you downloaded? What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity I cannot share my screen so you could see what happens when I do this.

Here is the story - I downloaded the latest LR6 update. Closed LR and when I went to reopen it I got an error message saying I was missing an API file. Come to find out - using Windows 7 - I had run out of disk space for any new windows updates. So I moved files off the hard drive to an external drive.

Uninstalled LR6 and then using this web page - Install Photoshop Lightroom

downloaded the Windows version of LR6 - once the down load finishes I am asked in a pop-up window - Choose the program you want to use to open this file: Lightroom_6_LS11

And none of the programs listed will open the file.  So here I sit trying to reinstall LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomj81837175 wrote:

Pity I cannot share my screen so you could see what happens when I do this.

Here is the story - I downloaded the latest LR6 update. Closed LR and when I went to reopen it I got an error message saying I was missing an API file. Come to find out - using Windows 7 - I had run out of disk space for any new windows updates. So I moved files off the hard drive to an external drive.

Uninstalled LR6 and then using this web page - Install Photoshop Lightroom

downloaded the Windows version of LR6 - once the down load finishes I am asked in a pop-up window - Choose the program you want to use to open this file: Lightroom_6_LS11

And none of the programs listed will open the file. So here I sit trying to reinstall LR6.

You have not answered my question: "What is the exact full name (including file type) of the file you downloaded?" You haven't told us the file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all I see when it asks what program do you wish to use - Choose the program you want to use to open this file: Lightroom_6_LS11

I don't get any more than that as far as a file name.

Like I said I wish I could share my screen and you see what happens when I do the download. Do you have access to any screen sharing software? I use Skype and WebEx if that would help you see my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Explorer, the Type is shown under the Type column next to the file of interest, what is the Type?

CUserspmillerDownloads_2017-01-25_14-39-37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that it never gets to the point I can find it in windows explorer and find a file. It won't download to that extent so I can see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomj81837175 wrote:

My problem is that it never gets to the point I can find it in windows explorer and find a file. It won't download to that extent so I can see it.

But you just told us you tried to open the photo and you got the message "Choose the program you want to use to open this file: Lightroom_6_LS11". How are you performing this operation? How do you get to this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the adobe web site and I select download the Windows version of LR 6 - it starts to download - but when it has finished downloading it asks that question - and since none of the choices work it never completes the download.

This would be so much easier if you could actually see what steps I take and see what happens. Can we do a screen share so you can see it and see maybe what mistakes I am making?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still sounds to me that you are selecting the Mac version and not the Windows version. You are 100% sure you have selected the Windows version and not the Mac version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me - I have done this over a half dozen times - I am selecting the windows version.

I even shut down and restart my computer before I do the install request just to be sure I am starting fresh each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message that started it all - this popped up after I had done the latest LR6 update. I closed down my computer and when I came back the next day and opened LR6 - this message appeared - Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

That is when I found out I had little space on my hard drive to do any windows updates - so I moved files off the hard drive to an external drive and based on suggestions - uninstalled LR6 and then tried to reinstall LR6 - which is where I am at right now - unable to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, here on the 13th message, you tell us the error message that started it all ... that would certainly have been helpful to know and saved us all a lot of time.

Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines