• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box lines appearing upon export

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting an ID covet page to PDF (PDF/X-1a), we continue to get very small while lines around the objects. I've removed any strokes from our objects and have no printer marks or bleed selected. The lines are very very faint, and barely noticeable unless zoomed in tightly.

Tried to select all layers and "merge layers", but that option was not available.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Those are stitching artifacts due to flattening. Why are you using such an archaic format for PDF?

The recommended standard is PDF/X-4 for any modern workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are stitching artifacts due to flattening. Why are you using such an archaic format for PDF?

The recommended standard is PDF/X-4 for any modern workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PDF/X-1a is the export format my EinC wants, and he's currently out of town. I recommended X-4, but we were still getting the artifacts when exporting "fast web view."

Exported as PDF/X-4, received compatibility error for Acrobat 1.7, so selected compatibility with 1.5 and it appears to have done the trick!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines