• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I go to Media Encoder, old jobs want to restart

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening for months -- maybe even over a year.

Almost any time I launch Adobe Media Encoder by sending a composition from After Effects, I see a list of old encoding jobs that look as if they were never output.  They are sitting in the Queue as if they were never started and AME wants to output them again before it does the new submission.  I know for a fact that these old jobs were already output without errors so why do they keep coming back?  And how do I stop this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicknameforme,

Just make sure you don't have anything in your "Watch Folders". Go to Window Menu> Watch Folders  Or Press Command + 3 (Ctrl + 3 on Windows) to open the Watch Folders Panel, clear all the folders in the list and clear your render queue as well.

Restart it once before starting to encode again. I hope that solves your problem.

-best

Salman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's a green check mark by the job in AME, it's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what Dave is thinking. Could we see a screenshot of the offending behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.

I don't use Watch Folders at all.  All of my submissions come from AE.

The unwanted jobs that pop up are not finished jobs.  They were previously finished -- and they show up again as new items without a checkmark... as if the job was interrupted or AME closed unexpected and it needs to rerun.  (However, I know the job wasn't interrupted because I have final files.)

I'll try to do a screen shot maybe but I don't think it's going to reveal anything.  They look just like the newly submitted items in the list.  The problem doesn't occur every single time -- and I only sporadically use AE so it might be some time before I can provide a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do those phantom jobs show up if you just open Media Encoder or queue something from Premiere Pro or ONLY when queuing from AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost never use Premiere so I can't speak to that -- virtually my only usage of AME comes from submitting jobs from AE.

I never open AME up directly -- it always opens itself when I send jobs to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a preference in AME to keep old jobs but this doesn't seem to be the case because you report they appear as new. I would try to reset AME's preferences: just hold shift as you launch AME directly (I am not sure this will work if you launch it via Ae). There is no feedback if it has reset your preferences but that's how it's done. Also bare in mind there is an AME's forum here, you might want to try there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nicknameforme wrote:

I almost never use Premiere so I can't speak to that -- virtually my only usage of AME comes from submitting jobs from AE.

I never open AME up directly -- it always opens itself when I send jobs to it.

Okay. Can you try the other ways to see what happens for troubleshooting purposes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nicknameforme,

Did you ever solve this issue? Did any of our experts' advice help you solve this issue? Please let us know, if so. If not, please do let us know if you still need help.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines