• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone show me what the Flash Player update screen looks like? I'm not sure the updates that are recently being offered are truly from Adobe.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpgIs this it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary Dugan

That is NOT an official Flash Player installation dialog window, nor is the URL from adobe.com.  Please do not use that file to install Flash Player on your system.  The only official site to download Flash Player is adobe.com.  To download Flash Player go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer

If you can get the full URL private message it to me, or send it directly to phishing@adobe.com and include the screenshot.  Adobe takes these issues seriously and investigate.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That's all I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update, do I need to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed from the installer in the screenshot, you probably got some unwanted stuff in your system.  Performing a search for 'installopensoftware' returns a bunch of malware related search results (see Google).  You'll definitely want to uninstall whatever was installed, run a complete virus, malware, adware, etc scan on your system, clean up whatever was found, and install Flash Player from get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness no! I didn't update from that screenshot. I've been getting a s3.amazonaws.com "warning". Last week Adobe had a site wide update because of a problem. Then when I searched about it I thought I saw something about Adobe. I don't see anywhere on the Adobe or my account site when there are updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, ok,  based on your previous reply it wasn't clear if you had or not

Flash Player release schedule is the 2nd Tuesday of the month (Patch Tuesday) and our most recent release was on Jan 10.  If you have Flash Player 24.0.0.194 installed, then you have the most recent version. If you don't, it's recommended you update to the latest version.  If you opt into Background Updates (update option 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)') your system will be automatically updated within 24 hours of a release (assuming it's connected to the internet). This is the easiest, quickest way to update Flash Player, and no user interaction is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines