Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying text from one InDesign document to the other switches direction

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using currently InDesign CC ME version. While creating new document and applying custom Paragraph Styles (with Adobe Paragraph Composer and LTR direction) everything looks ok, until I will open/create new document and paste that text there, I have to clear local overrides to bring back the LTR direction of the text.

Setting global default composer in InDesign preferences doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the composer settings for each document. If the document was created before you set the global preference, changing that won't effect it. They probably each have different composers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What paragraph style Is applied to the text? If there is an identically named style in the target document, the pasted text will inherit that style definition. So, if you have the text marked as "Basic Paragraph" in the source, and it is RTL in the style in the source doc, but the target doc has the Basic Para style set up as LTR, then the pasted text will obey the LTR specified in the target document's styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines