• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2017 won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, 64 bit OS.  PS working fine until recently. After up-dating the program to cc 2017 I find it won't launch.  I have been trying different fixes for three weeks but to no avail.

Now when I boot PS it crashes.

Have re-installed - no effect, same thing happens.

Have in-installed Lavasoft ad-aware - no effect, same thing happens.

LR working as usual.

Help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Hi Keith,

I'm getting the same issue also on Photoshop 2017 on windows 10 64-bit.

I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop 2017 and still the same.

I've been able to get a quick fix working by following this post: Re: Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

When using this fix though, It then causes the same error to happen to Aftereffect or Premiere 2017 causing them both to crash on Start Up.

I'm currently having to change file name 'LavasoftTcpService64.dll' to 'Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll' 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses regarding the preferences files.

I have deleted all of these, but am unable to execute the instructions suggested by LenHewitt because the program crashes immediately after it comes to screen.  Unfortunately, deleting all the preferences files (2014, 2015, 2017) does not overcome the problem. 

Regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

I'm getting the same issue also on Photoshop 2017 on windows 10 64-bit.

I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop 2017 and still the same.

I've been able to get a quick fix working by following this post: Re: Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

When using this fix though, It then causes the same error to happen to Aftereffect or Premiere 2017 causing them both to crash on Start Up.

I'm currently having to change file name 'LavasoftTcpService64.dll' to 'Old.LavasoftTcpService64.dll'  and then back again every time I need to go into one or the other programs.

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but still the same errors.

All seems to be down to the LavasoftTcpService64.dll or Lava ad ware.

*** Update***
I've just come across this and it seem to fix my Photoshop error without causing aftereffects and premiere to crash also.

its adding ~ to the front of 'spaces' folder  in \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-Ins

See link to post for where to change it: Re: Photoshop CC 2017 crashes on opening

Hope this helps.

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Windows Event Viewer to see which module is faulting.  If you see this:

Faulting module: LavasoftTcpService64.dll

That is your culprit.

LavaSoft (Ad-Aware) extension is a known conflict with many Adobe products.  Uninstalling LavaSoft and all related DLL files fixes that problem.

Photoshop crashes with Lavasoft Chrome extension installed

If the missing/corrupted DLL mentioned in Windows Event Viewer is not Lavasoft, then try updating your graphics drivers to the latest ones from the manufacturer's web site.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to Kanikas100, Nancy O'Shea, kglad, and especially to Jordan, who solved the problem. 

Yes, adding a tild (~) before the spaces folder in the Plug-ins folder of PS 2017 fixed the problem. 

Prior to that I had removed the two versions of the Lavasoft dll file on my system that had persisted after un-installing the program: - C:\Program files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\TcpService\2.3.5.6\LavasoftTcpService64.dll   and C:\Windows\System32\LavasoftTcpService64.dll  to no effect.  Not sure that I will re-install Ad-aware - probably not.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Keith  McSporran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines