• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Preview in Adobe Presenter 10

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, everyone in my company who has Adobe Presenter 10 has lost the ability to use the Preview option...when we choose to Preview (with any of the preview options....just this slide, next 5 slides, whole presentation, etc.), the preview window opens, but the green circular arrow just spins and spins and the presentation never loads. We have no problems viewing the presentation if we publish it to our Adobe server, however.

Here's our system/application info:

Adobe Presenter version: 10

Flash version: 24.0.0.186

PowerPoint version: PowerPoint 2016

Browser: Internet Explorer 11

I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

For anyone who may have happened onto this post, here's the solution that my company eventually got, which I tried and which fixed the problem for me.

1. Enable hidden Windows files.

2. Navigate to c:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player

3. Create a new folder titled: #Security

4. Open the #Security folder and create a new folder titled: FlashPlayerTrust

5. Open the FlashPlayerTrust folder and create a new file titled TalkToAdobeFlashPlayerTrust.cfg

6. Open the file and add the fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lagil,

Ideally Presenter 10 is not certified with Office 2016. But can you please try the below steps and test?

• Download the zip file from drop box, unzip it and save the extracted Presenter.js file on your system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3nsibl7kvdof6i/presenter.zip?dl=0

• Now go to Presenter installation folder on your system depending upon the OS and PowerPoint architecture:

o If your OS is 64-bit and PowerPoint is 64-bit, go to  “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 10.0\Templates\html”

o If your OS is 64-bit and PowerPoint is 32-bit, go to  “C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 10.0\Templates\html”

o If your OS is 32-bit and PowerPoint is 32-bit, go to  “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 10.0\Templates\html”

• Rename the existing Presenter.js file on your system to some other name like Presenter_old.js

• Paste the newly extracted Presenter.js which you copied on your system in to the above mentioned respective location on your system.

• Re-launch Presenter and again publish/preview the courses you were facing issues with.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply -- really appreciate that!

I will try this (need to get the file from my home computer, first, as my company doesn't allow access to Dropbox). However, I just learned this morning that someone in my company with Office 2010 is also having the same problem, so it appears that the issue isn't just with the fact that some of us are using Office 2016. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone who may have happened onto this post, here's the solution that my company eventually got, which I tried and which fixed the problem for me.

1. Enable hidden Windows files.

2. Navigate to c:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player

3. Create a new folder titled: #Security

4. Open the #Security folder and create a new folder titled: FlashPlayerTrust

5. Open the FlashPlayerTrust folder and create a new file titled TalkToAdobeFlashPlayerTrust.cfg

6. Open the file and add the following lines

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 10.0

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 10.0

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

7. Replace USERNAME with the your Windows username then click Save, exit  and test.

The only odd artificact that this has given me is that, each time I open something new in PowerPoint, it asks me if I want it to be an Adobe Presenter Presentation (which is really pretty weird). But, if I just choose "No," everything is fine. (If I choose "Yes," then I get an error log, indicating things like missing audio for each slide, unless the file was already an Adobe Presenter PPT file.)

Hope this helps!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources