Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error compiling movie: Unknown error

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just recently pulled out a copy of Premiere Elements 13 I had lying around and tried to use it to edit a video. Everything works smoothly...until I try to render. The moment it tries to do anything, it gives up with the message: "Error compiling movie: Unknown error".

I've read through various other threads on this issue, but none of them quite match mine - this is a very short project (1 minute 30 seconds), I do have plenty of disk space, there's not much intermixing of weird file formats (MTS for camcorder video, AVI from After Effects for a single animation), and I did make the necessary sacrifices of Coke and pizza to the computer overlords. I've tried rendering tiny work areas, disabling auto-save...the works. No such luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Specifications:

As mentioned, Premiere Elements 13

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

24 GB RAM

3 TB HDD, about 300 GB available for this (I dual boot and Windows is the secondary)

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Have you got Quicktime 7's components installed, per the program requirements?

Have you tried downloading the free trial of version 15, just to see if it duplicates or resolves the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about ppro but may help

Error Compiling Movie... some past discussions and ideas

May be caused by . in name https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2166620

-1st, create a new project and import the project that has errors and see if that fixes the problem

-http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

-and a long discussion https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1240823

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but unfortunately none of those worked...there wasn't a . in the name to begin with, I can't seem to import an Elements project into another one at all, and none of the other solutions have worked so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got Quicktime 7's components installed, per the program requirements?

Have you tried downloading the free trial of version 15, just to see if it duplicates or resolves the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install QuickTime to fix another issue (a crash on startup). Haven't tried 15 yet...I'll download the trial and take a shot with it later tonight, then report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it took me a little longer than I'd hoped to try it out...I had another, unrelated hardware issue come up and focused on fixing that first.

Now that that's done, I've installed the trial and attempted to export the project with it. The result? Success, surprisingly...it renders without any issues at all in 15. Very strange...

I suppose I should just upgrade at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the easiest solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines