• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change sort order from JPEG + RAW (JPEG + RAF) to RAW + JPEG ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've always been a Canon camera owner. Recently I switched to Fuji so now instead of having CR2 + JPEG files it has JPEG + RAF which unfortunately changes the sort order in Lightroom.

When editing I want RAW JPEG RAW JPEG RAW JPEG as I scroll through my photos... it's similar to BEFORE AFTER BEFORE AFTER BEFORE AFTER.

It drives me crazy to see JPEG RAW JPEG RAW JPEG RAW... AFTER BEFORE AFTER BEFORE etc.

JPEG RAW is the order I see the files in on the card so I was hoping there was some way I could change that order in camera but the Fuji forum folks have explained it's all due to J coming before R alphabetically  whereas with Canon C came before J.

What to do?

I also sort by time shot. I use Lightroom 6.

Is there some sort of custom order I can create?

How?

Please advise. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Filter?

1. In the Grid view, click on "Metadata"  (If not visible at top of screen- press back-slash \  .

2. Click a column heading for a drop-menu, and choose "File Type"

3. Click on the menu item "JPG"

ScreenShot097.jpg

4. Select all  [Ctrl+A] JPG files to rename.

5. Press F2 (Function key 2 - The universal Re-name key shortcut)

6. In the File re-name panel you can create a Preset from the Drop-menu and 'Edit'  in the "File Naming: " box.

as per screen-clip in post#2.

Alternative filter- Text > Filename > Ends with >

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only sort orders available are listed under the menu command View->Sort

If none of the work the way you want, then I don't think any built-in sort order will work, and as far as I know, you can't create your own sort orders, other than by doing it manually, which doesn't sound like what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only be able to change the sort order by renaming the JPG files with an extra character.

eg.    myphoto4567.jpg  >  myphoto4567z.jpg   - which will now sort  after myphoto4567.raf

A re-name preset (F2 and edit) can achieve this with a filter to select only jpg files.

ScreenShot096.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is more work than I was looking for but I looked through the renaming options and don't see a way to rename the jpegs only. Where is that filter? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter?

1. In the Grid view, click on "Metadata"  (If not visible at top of screen- press back-slash \  .

2. Click a column heading for a drop-menu, and choose "File Type"

3. Click on the menu item "JPG"

ScreenShot097.jpg

4. Select all  [Ctrl+A] JPG files to rename.

5. Press F2 (Function key 2 - The universal Re-name key shortcut)

6. In the File re-name panel you can create a Preset from the Drop-menu and 'Edit'  in the "File Naming: " box.

as per screen-clip in post#2.

Alternative filter- Text > Filename > Ends with > jpg

ScreenShot098.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Correct. Ideally to have to do it manually is not what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change sort order to 'Added Order', this gives me a RAF, JPG ordering with my X100T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lucky you! I've got an XT2 and get JPG RAF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines