• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Notebook Desktop

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR CC installed on my Mac Notebook. I had to put computer in shop for repairs.  When I got it back I had three files on my desktop that were not there before the repairs. The Files are Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata,   Lightroom Settings,  Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.   Then when I launch Lightroom two other files appear on the desktop:  Lightroom Catalog1 Journal,  &  Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.lock   These Folders where never on the Desktop before. I would like to tidy up the desktop. Everything is working fine except for this. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

johnh64829748 wrote:

dj_paige, First of all I want to thank you for time and patience with me. When I click the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat in Finder it opens LR. But under the Folders tab it's empty. But when I click on the Lr icon in the bottom tray Lr opens and all my photo's and folders are there. BTW I'm using Lr CC, I upgraded from Lr 5.7

So the catalog file that you opened with a double-click is not the catalog you want, and probably can be deleted, along with the associated previews and settin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those files certainly don't belong on the desktop.

How are you launching Lightroom? Are you using the icons on the desktop, or some other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I launch Lightroom from the icon in the bottom tray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange.  The default location for those files should be in the Photos folder in finder, in a folder called Lightroom.  Could you check if they are still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 8.30.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen shot in Finder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen shot of what folder? We need to see the entire hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.26.34 AM.pngHere is a screen shot of the finder folder. Need to know if I should drag these 3 desktop folders in? Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata,   Lightroom Settings,  Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screen shot.

If you move these files to some other folder, and then double-click on the .LRCAT file, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige, First of all I want to thank you for time and patience with me.  When I click the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat in Finder  it opens LR. But under the Folders tab it's empty.  But when I click on the Lr icon in the bottom tray Lr opens and all my photo's and folders are there. BTW I'm using Lr CC, I upgraded from Lr 5.7Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 2.47.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnh64829748 wrote:

dj_paige, First of all I want to thank you for time and patience with me. When I click the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat in Finder it opens LR. But under the Folders tab it's empty. But when I click on the Lr icon in the bottom tray Lr opens and all my photo's and folders are there. BTW I'm using Lr CC, I upgraded from Lr 5.7

So the catalog file that you opened with a double-click is not the catalog you want, and probably can be deleted, along with the associated previews and settings. Just use the LR icon in the bottom tray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will certainly do that keeping them in the Trash for a while, until I know everything is working correctly.

When Lr is not open this is what's on my desktop

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.18.26 PM.png

But when I open Lr from the icon I get a different screen:

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.17.59 PM.png

and when Lr opens this is what appears. Could I move these three files into Finder and off my desktop I would like to remove them just to keep my Desktop uncluttered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy or move the files from the desktop to a new folder, as I suggested earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not because I'm unsure where to put them and if a new Folder what to name it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have mentioned that instead of ignoring it. I'm sitting here assuming you are doing what I said to do. So at this point, I have to retract my earlier answer.

So earlier when you said you double-clicked on Lightroom and it opened and was empty, what Lightroom file was it that you double-clicked on, and where was it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on Lightroom Catalog.ircat, and it was empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to be very picky here ... you are now talking about the Lightroom Catalog.LRCAT that shows on your desktop? Is taht correct?

If so, then you can delete all of these Lightroom related files on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the mis-understanding,  no the file I clicked on was in the Finder folder named Lightroom Catalog.lrcat & it was empty.

I have since moved those files to the trash.  Everything seems to be working okay. But need to know about Folders on desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simply is too vague.

I keep asking to know exactly where (what folder) the file is that you double-clicked on. Please be extremely specific and detailed. Please remember I can't see what you are doing, you have to describe things in enough detail so I can know exactly what you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I will try to get it right.  You had asked me if in Finder the file Lightroom had a file called Photos I did't see it. The Lightroom folder is there but I don't see a folder Photos, as indicated by the second screen shot.  I deleted  the files Lightroom Catalog.lrcat, Lightroom Catalog Preview.lrdata,  Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat, and Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata,  because they were empty. So with that being said I opened Lr using the icon in the bottom tray. It opened normally and all my Photos and Metadata were there.

However I have on my desktop three folders named Lightroom Catalog.lrcat, Lightroom Previews.lrdata, and Lightroom Settings.  So now my question is can I move those files from my desktop to Finder and still keep Lightroom working correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines