• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the color of an animated 3D object

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to change the color of an outlined 3D object that has been animated. I cut apart a logo in Illustrator, then pieced together the logo in After Effects. Then I converted the .ai files into outlined shapes and then animated the shapes. Now I need to change the color of the outlined-animated objects. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. I actually figured it out after a few more minutes of playing around with the settings. The answer is below:

Go into the contents of the outlined object > open each "Group #" > open each "Fill #", then change the color.

Thank you everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about shape layers,  just change the fill color of the shapes.  Done.

If you're talking about something else, the Change Color or Change To Color effects might do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also use effects:generate:fill

Thx,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. I actually figured it out after a few more minutes of playing around with the settings. The answer is below:

Go into the contents of the outlined object > open each "Group #" > open each "Fill #", then change the color.

Thank you everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines