Can't open old project.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to solve this?

I tried to install versions Preview 1 (X65) from After CC 2015:

Then I tried to install Preview 4 (x184) From After 13.8.1.38:

Which After Effect's version should I download to find the Preview 3?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

You'll need AE 2015.1 I believe.

Unavoidable changes were made in Preview 4 that rendered some of the old rigging techniques obsolete. Hopefully we never have to do this again. You could also re-import your PSD or AI file into the latest version, but you would have to re-rig it. And obviously if you have anything recorded then you'd have to open it in the old version to play it back.

For my puppets, I re-rigged them - it took a while but the new features and performance enhancements were worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need AE 2015.1 I believe.

Unavoidable changes were made in Preview 4 that rendered some of the old rigging techniques obsolete. Hopefully we never have to do this again. You could also re-import your PSD or AI file into the latest version, but you would have to re-rig it. And obviously if you have anything recorded then you'd have to open it in the old version to play it back.

For my puppets, I re-rigged them - it took a while but the new features and performance enhancements were worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave.
Upgrade AE 2015 to AE 2015.2 alowed me to open the old project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines