• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC Is Shutting Down When Launching Hyperlinks Window

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign document containing hyperlinks that was created before the 2017 CC update. (created in 2016) Whenever I try to launch/open the hyperlink control menu InDesign crashes. The hyperlink menu launches when I start with a blank document. However, when I switch back to my previously created InDesign file that contains hyperlinks, InDesign crashes again. Is anyone else having this issue? I am constantly updating older documents that have tons of interactive hyperlinks. It's not practical to try and reset all of these hyperlinks.

- Trina

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

I myself haven't had this issue, but it sounds like this patch might work. Fixes problems with Quick Apply that also seem to be affecting the Hyperlinks panel: http://indesignsecrets.com/fix-quick-apply-crash-cc-2017.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I myself haven't had this issue, but it sounds like this patch might work. Fixes problems with Quick Apply that also seem to be affecting the Hyperlinks panel: http://indesignsecrets.com/fix-quick-apply-crash-cc-2017.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. I'm sure this patch will probably solve my issue. Unfortunately, I can't get the Copy Plugin script from Adobe to progress to the install/ok command. I have an inquiry into Adobe about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, good luck! And let us know how it turns out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin worked! Thanks. Adobe's instructions for installing the plugin was missing one small installation step. I figured it out and the hyperlink panel is working now. I went ahead and put in a correction request for their installation instructions. Hopefully, they will revise it soon. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trina christensen wrote:

The plugin worked! Thanks. Adobe's instructions for installing the plugin was missing one small installation step. I figured it out and the hyperlink panel is working now. I went ahead and put in a correction request for their installation instructions. Hopefully, they will revise it soon. Thanks again.

Hi Trina,

can you tell us what this one small installation step missing was?

Thanks,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure,

It is a very small oversight but important to someone who isn't familiar with installing software patches.

If you go to the Adobe support page that covers this patch/update InDesign CC 2017 crashes on macOS you will see 6 steps to installing the CopyPlugin patch. After STEP 4 you must select the Adobe InDesign application icon before the installation script will progress to STEP 5 where you can "Click OK." (If you don't select the Adobe InDesign application icon the "OK" button is greyed out and you can't proceed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines