Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech cutout from video clips

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I'm doing an educational video project using video clips which contain both background audio and speech.

I have added all the clips I needed in the assets, so when I double-click on a thumbnail to preview the clip, the speech is 100% audible, but when I go to add the clips to the timeline, all audio is audible perfectly, except speech is completely cutout. I haven't done anything that would remove them from my clips, so how is it doing this and how can I get the speech to work in my clips?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the speech is an mp3 file, try converting it to a wav file.

Is the track that the speech is on muted?

Have you tried increasing the volume level of that track?

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ElementsTimeline.png

I have played around with the mixer, nothing is on mute, volume levels are good, I have played with the levels.

I have watched videos with people having this problem in the pro version to see if I could get ideas, but of course those options are not available in this version, does noone else have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's okay, I figured it all out, it seems like this program is touchy on audio codecs and doesn't like certain file types even though they are supported, all I did was simply convert my files; converting both video and audio parts of the file to something better and more "stable". My clips were in TS format and I wasn't too sure of the audio format of the file but this program doesn't like it.

Thanks for the interest anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved your problem so that others may benefit from the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines