Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Flash

Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the latest version of Flash which I downloaded from Adobe's site today. I have already uninstalled the older version of Flash on my laptop.  The new version got as far as installing into my Downloads folder.  When I click on it, nothing happens. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Info.:  PC, Windows Vista, Firefox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What Service Pack, if any, do you have installed? Some Vista systems do not support SHA256 certificates (digital signatures), which is why nothing happens when you attempt to launch the installer.  If you have SP2 installed, go to this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674 site to install the update to support SHA256 certificates.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Service Pack 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The online installers are signed using a sha256 certificate which is only supported on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.  If you don't have Service Pack 3 you can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, but there is no guarantee that it'll work, due to the same reason.  You're best option is to upgrade to a newer supported (by Microsoft) operating system, or at minimum, if not installed, install Service Pack 3 (if you can find it).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cat.27

You can try the offline installers posted on the link my colleague posted, but there is no guarantee that it'll work.  You're best bet is to upgrade to the Service Pack that supports SHA256 certificates.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines