• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add note to saved action?

Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am organizing my actions and want to go back and add notes to some of my actions using the Note tool. i.e., In my Lasso tool action I want to make a note that I am selecting an image and placing into a different image. Thanks for looking, Lucie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Instead of using the Note Tool, using a Stop in the action might be better.

It doesn't look like photoshop records the contents of a Note Tool.

With the action loaded in photoshop go to Insert Stop and you can type watever notes about the action you wish.

You can then move the Stop to anywhere in the action.

When playing the action the action stops at the stop and displays your text then press Ok to resume the action.

stop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the Note Tool, using a Stop in the action might be better.

It doesn't look like photoshop records the contents of a Note Tool.

With the action loaded in photoshop go to Insert Stop and you can type watever notes about the action you wish.

You can then move the Stop to anywhere in the action.

When playing the action the action stops at the stop and displays your text then press Ok to resume the action.

stop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, while I was writing my reply and editing the screen capture another reply came in saying pretty much the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to untick was was appreciated, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insert a “stop” command (with or without continue) and enter the note content. If you don’t wish for this window to popup during action playback then untick it so that it does not playback.

stop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted the Stop at the beginning of my action (clicked on the option to Continue) and played it back. Thank you bunches, I am so excited to learn something new. Lucie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking for the same type of thing.  I have an old action that I downloaded about 15 years ago.  It has a note action in it that includes text.  I'm now creating a new action and need to specify some instructions.  I thought I'd just add a note to the action and add the instruction but learned that this doesn't work.  I then tried to copy the portion of the action from that old action I've had for years but that doesn't work either.  So .... how is it that an action that I downloaded a lifetime ago contains exatcly the type of action I want, but I'm not able to recreated it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines