• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing Media Player with another player

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a couple issues with my RoboHelp project's media files autostarting on some Macs. So, I tried replacing RoboHelps default Windows Media Player code with Quicktime code. But, in RoboHelp, when I leave the "HTML" disply and re-enter the "Design" display, RoboHelp deletes my Quicktime code and replaces it with its default Windows Media Code. Does anyone know how to over-ride this?

-Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg -

I don't think you can get there from here as Adobe doesn't give a * about any OS other than Windows (as you have found out). I can suggest a work-around: use a global search-and-replace program on your generated project to find and replace the Windowcentric offending code. Note this is what we have to do with several generated files - a pain but it is now our process.

Short of that, you could use a hex-edit program to find the program files that contain this offending code and manually modify them. Note that this could present a legal issue with Adobe.

Regards,
Linux Rules - and is ignored by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Linux rules. Yes, I'd thought of the Find and Replace. My problem is that in my project I have 850 separate audio files. I can't use RoboHelp's multi-file Find and Replace to replace the Windows Media Player code with Quicktime code because within each of the 850 instances of Media Player I'm playing a different mp3.

So, I'm now experimenting with inserting the Quicktime code and surrounding it with Comments tags. Then I can later us RoboHelp's multi-file Find and Replace to remove the Comment tags. In this way, I don't have to open up each file into the HTML editor to replace the code. It seems that the process of opening (or closing) the HTML editor is when RoboHelp steps in an replaces your Quicktime code with Windows Media code.

Is this similar to how you replace your code?

-Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg -

I don't use the RH find/replace function - I use stand-alone software and do the search/replace on the generated files (the files we publish). Look into your generated code for those references to Windows Media, copy the string as your "find" and write your desired string as the "replace" then do "replace all". There are a number of these programs available and have been mentioned many times in this forum. One popular tool is FAR from www.helpware.net but a search will bring up others.

In our situation, I need to replace a couple generated files (files that are created by RH every time the project is generated). I took a gen'ed file then modified it and saved it to a separate project folder. After gen'ing a project we copy the saved/modified files into the generated project folder then publish.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Several of us in this forum make extensive use of an application called FAR, which can make quick work of modifying html code in a large number of files.

Look here:

http://www.helpware.net/FAR

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp