• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp dropping mapped CSH IDs

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is dropping about 20 topics out of 1024 from from the whcshdata.htm file that are mapped from my project CSH .hh file. Changing the numbers did not help. Redoing the file names did not help.

Anyone heard of this happening and whyt? Do I have to start over and import into a new project and remap all of the files to get a new database? This is scary because it took us several days to discover this was the problem and there is no rhyme or reason for it dropping the mappings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "dropping topics." Is the .hh file getting truncated so there is no link or are the topics themselves disappearing? Or is the whcshdata.htm being shortened? What is that file used for?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back from vacation. No, the WebHelp build files are dropping CSH topic files mapped properly from the HH file.

WebHelp uses two files for CSH (schdat_webhelp.htm and whcshdata.htm). On my bulid yesterday there should have been 125 mapped topics. There were 104 in those two files. It choked on a whole series of topics that had the same 28 character initial text in their ID. Abbreviating the IDs (28 down to 3 characters) passed those items. Is there some sort of limit on the number of characters in a mapped ID? Other failed IDs where much shorter, yet they were dropped. Sometimes just changing the mapping number passes the ID. Sometimes it doesn't. It is terribly frustrating.

In other occurances where the same topic is mapped to multiple IDs it would drop the additional mappings or in some cases change the case for the file name to lower case for the additional mappings, making them not work (Unix server) while leaving the initial entry upper case.

This makes every build an exercise in frustration and back checking, with manual editing of the two WebHelp files to get the CSH to work. I hope that explains it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have logged this as a bug with Adobe, but just wondered if I was the only one seeing this type of thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So no one else has seen this problem? I am the only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp