• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive text boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make text boxes push each other down as they scale width and lengthen?

For example, here are some text boxes at 750px

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.38.45 PM.png

Here are the same text boxes at 300px, the bullet pointed text boxes have overlapped the text box above, as well as the stroked text boxes below.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.38.38 PM.png

Ideally, the first paragraph would push down the bullet pointed boxes, and those would push down the stroked boxe, with the padding intact.

Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

No text boxes are overlapping. I discovered that the issue is with using transparency! For some reason, the semi-transparent white rectangle behind the text was causing the borders to cross each other when resizing. I had made that rectangle semi-transparent by setting its opacity in the "effects" toolbar to 90%. When I set it back to 100%, the border problem solved itself. I went ahead and tried re-setting the opacity to 90%, this time using the "fill" options rather than the "effects" options,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not done overlaps text frames, it should work this way by default

Animation7.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stefanandersun wrote:

Is there a way to make text boxes push each other down as they scale width and lengthen?

that is the default... example = textgroup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No text boxes are overlapping. I discovered that the issue is with using transparency! For some reason, the semi-transparent white rectangle behind the text was causing the borders to cross each other when resizing. I had made that rectangle semi-transparent by setting its opacity in the "effects" toolbar to 90%. When I set it back to 100%, the border problem solved itself. I went ahead and tried re-setting the opacity to 90%, this time using the "fill" options rather than the "effects" options, and that caused no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please give us a demo .muse file (via Dropbox or something like that), so we can reproduce the issue and eventually report a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines