Copied

I need criticism of this image: PleaseDSCF1438.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

OK... here's what's (barely) in focus

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 08.11.09.png

and here's what's not:

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 08.11.02.png

Your subject is supposed to be the flower and not the background, and that's what you want in focus. I would imagine that you are using a non-macro lens to get a macro shot and just misjudged the focal length and hoped that auto focus would help you out by doing the impossible. I may be wrong.

Secondly, you have to ask yourself why anyone would want to buy this image. What will it help them illustrate? Will it help them sell the concept o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 971,

Out of focus area in the foreground and the stem detracts from the image.  The upper left seems soft as well.  When I wet 8 to 1 on the magnification things seemed a bit pixelated.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK... here's what's (barely) in focus

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 08.11.09.png

and here's what's not:

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 08.11.02.png

Your subject is supposed to be the flower and not the background, and that's what you want in focus. I would imagine that you are using a non-macro lens to get a macro shot and just misjudged the focal length and hoped that auto focus would help you out by doing the impossible. I may be wrong.

Secondly, you have to ask yourself why anyone would want to buy this image. What will it help them illustrate? Will it help them sell the concept of flowers? Not really. If someone searched for "frangipane" would they see this image and say, "Yes! That's what I've been looking for!"? Probably not.

Check Frangipane photos | Adobe Stock and ignore the cakes to see what you're up against.

Finally, when you shoot for stock, every part of the image has to be just right. You've got a stray leaf or something to the right of the flower and the fact that some of the background is wet and some not means that you've got some distracting white reflections off the stones which don't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines