• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening psd files in PSE15

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Elements 15, but when I open a file, I only get thumbnails for my jpg file - my psd files only appear as Adobe-icons (the same as the desktop icon for Elements). I can still open them but I must know the file name as I can't see a thumbnail of the actual psicture. Is there somewhere I can change a setting, or what??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Can you see the thumbnails after you import them to Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the thumbnails after you import them to Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the problem of viewing thumbnails in the Explorer?

Read this:

Viewing PSD thumbnails...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's when I try to open files directly With the Editor's File Open command. I can see the thumbnails if I use Organizer. I see from the link you sent me that this seems to be par for the course in PSE15 and I'll have to live with it, or get some 3rd party software. Thanks for Your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other suggestion when saving files is to use File >> Save As

Then choose Tiff rather than PSD

That will preserve layers (albeit larger file size than PSD) and you should be able to see the tif thumbnails in explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That Works, thanks for Your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the thumbnails in Organizer, but not if I try to open files directly With the  the Open File command in the editor. From another reply to my Query I get the impression that this is how it is in Elements 15, so I'll probably have to live with it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the Open File command in the editor, you are using the Windows Explorer to browse files. That's a Windows feature, not an Adobe one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines