• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR catalog disappeared

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  created a new catalog a couple of weeks ago (I had about 4 collections in it) and I just closed it down as it was going quite slow and showing some blank thumbnails, but when I tried to re-open it, I got a message saying the catalog couldn't be found and when I search for it on my hard drive I can't find it. What could possibly have happened and where could it have been saved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Ah, I've realised (sort of) what it was (or could be). I sync the LR catalog files to the cloud and for some reason they unsynced (so disappeared from the corresponding local drive). I don't know how that happened, but it means the reason for them disappearing is also the reason I was able to retrieve the catalog, which I have successfully. I know there have been a few discussions out there about how to sync LR to the cloud but so far nothing very conclusive - but I think Adobe are working on th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new catalog LR asks you where you want to save it and to give it a name. So only you would know where it was saved and what the name of it was.

All LR catalog files end with .lrcat. So search your hard drives, even external drive that you have recently disconnected from your computer (Reconnect them) for files ending in .lrcat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know where it was, I know what it was called, and, of course, I know that all LR catalogs end with .lrcat and, yes, I've done a search (including Trash and external HDs) and it's nowhere to be found! It was doing a couple of odd things before this - that's why I closed it down. It's not showing as a recently opened catalog. Luckily there were only a few collections on it, but it's still a few days work gone. Totally baffling. No doubt I've done something inexplicably stupid. Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps luckily I've realised I had it backed up in the cloud so hopefully I won't have lost too much work. But it's still totally baffling - and a bit worrying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I've realised (sort of) what it was (or could be). I sync the LR catalog files to the cloud and for some reason they unsynced (so disappeared from the corresponding local drive). I don't know how that happened, but it means the reason for them disappearing is also the reason I was able to retrieve the catalog, which I have successfully. I know there have been a few discussions out there about how to sync LR to the cloud but so far nothing very conclusive - but I think Adobe are working on their own solution. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me. Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines