• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sporadic loss of kerning (spacing) in InDesign/InCopy (Creative Cloud)

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a system that uses an InDesign/InCopy workflow and have now seen on a handful of occasions that one or more text frames will lose all letter spacing. This began happening in CC and we've seen it in CC2014 and CC2015. It isn't common but it happens every now and then which causes PDF's to be incorrect if the user is unaware of the error.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. The issue is usually solved by simply restarting InDesign or InCopy and reloading the document, but was wondering if there was anything that can be done to help avoid it, or if it should be reported as a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is usually solved by simply restarting InDesign or InCopy and reloading the document, but was wondering if there was anything that can be done to help avoid it, or if it should be reported as a bug.

Hmm. I've never seen it, and if the fix is a simple restart, I'd go ahead and report it as a bug:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign
(click the bug report radio button on the form)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it's sporadic makes it very hard to be able to find as a bug.

To report it, you need to find a predicatable pattern (certain fonts, certain conditions) where it seems to recur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about "we".

Is the reproducable on more than one computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if this occurs in a document and that document is saved and then opened on another computer then the text will still be incorrect. Unfortunately what I can't reproduce is how this occurs originally. It seems to come from InCopy's saving of the ICML files, however when I compare two (one correct and one incorrect) they appear identical.

I'll see if I can gather more information and if the issue continues I'll add a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines