Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open acsm files on Linux

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I got some files from my library as acsm files. How can I open them with a normal Linux system? Looks like Adobe supports only Windows and MacOS officially. Are there any solutions or even hacks (an online service or a "hacker tool" or so converting these files would be also ok, the only solution not being ok is "Get a Windows").

Regards,

The Linux Guy

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ideally, someone will create a decent replacement for the Adobe content delivery network with a reliable API which other softwares can link to. It really bothers me that Adobe effectively controls the entire (DRM-encumbered) epub market; completely and utterly. It's even worse that ADE is the least-often updated and supported of Adobe's software.

Hey, Adobe! Howsabout you release ADE to Apache or GNU for continued development and publish a spec or API for 3rd party software authors to make use of the content network or even to deploy their own, similar, system?

Oh, yeah. It's money. Clearly it's not __enough__ money to properly support your software, except at the server side.

+the-linux-guy, the best thing I can tell you after dealing with this crap for years is to just not buy DRM-encumbered products.

Sometimes, it works to contact the author directly, explain your situation and ask for non-encumbered file. Honestly, it works more often than you might think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines