• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are paragraphs without CSS classes OK?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the series of InDesign tutorials @ Lynda.com and am now focusing on a few specific questions.

First, I think I remember one of the tutorials saying something about classes that don't have CSS classes assigned to them. However, I can't remember the specifics.

I'm working on my first epub, and I would like to use the following CSS scheme:

1) Most paragraph tags would have no class assigned and would be styled by a simple rule in the style sheet...

p { indent: 15px; } 

2) A special series of paragraph tags would have a different style. However, I would put these paragraphs inside div's, so the style would just look something like this:

div.footnote p { margin: 2px 15px; indent: 0; } 

3) Any remaining paragraphs that require special styling would be assigned classes. They would be the ONLY paragraph tags with classes.

Is this scheme OK, or is there a special reason I should give EVERY paragraph tag a class?

Thanks.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Note: I've done more research on this question, and it appears that styles aren't necessary; blank paragraph tags are perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: I've done more research on this question, and it appears that styles aren't necessary; blank paragraph tags are perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines