• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RGB value looks different in two files

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a coloured box that I need to change the colour of on multiple files. I have selected the box and changed it in all of the files, but it looks different in some of the files, and it eyedroppers with different values. All files use RGB workspace. I'm stumped. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Some questions for clarity - as something appears off here.

1. Does the eyedropper show the exactly the same value in both those blue areas when switched to each document and clicked?

2. What is your eyedropper options set to, for example:

3. Although you say both are tagged Adobe RGB can you switch the bottom of your screen to show the profiles on both

4. Do you have any opacity/blending modes , adjustment layers in play

Edit - crossed post

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the files may be using RGB (as opposed to CMYK or Grayscale) but what is the colour workspace as described by the documents' colour profile - e.g sRGB, Adobe RGB etc.  The number without the profile is meaningless and the same colour in different colour spaces will have different RGB numbers.

To describe a colour the RGB values and the colour space profile are needed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the super-speedy response Dave. However I made a mistake in my original post. Both colours eyedrppper the same value.

Both files use Adobe RGB workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Not sure if this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both files use Adobe RGB workspace.

Just to make sure please set the Status Bar to indicate the Document Profile and post another screenshot.

What are the Eyerdropper Tool settings?

Are Adjustment Layers involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions for clarity - as something appears off here.

1. Does the eyedropper show the exactly the same value in both those blue areas when switched to each document and clicked?

2. What is your eyedropper options set to, for example:

3. Although you say both are tagged Adobe RGB can you switch the bottom of your screen to show the profiles on both

4. Do you have any opacity/blending modes , adjustment layers in play

Edit - crossed post

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Davescm you have hit the nail on the head. Although all of the files had come from the same agency they used different profiles. Once I changed the profile, and re-edited the colour box it was okay.

Thanks to both of you for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome - glad you got it sorted

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different color spaces. No, that's not "RGB", but sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB.

Decide which one you want (if you don't know, the safe bet is sRGB) - and convert the others with Edit > Convert to profile.

Then the numbers will match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines