Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use fonts in Adobe InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I recently installed Adobe InDesign and can't use fonts that are installed in my Win 10. Adobe InDesign doesn't see them. Fonts in question are TextBook C, TextBook C Bold. TextBook C Italic I use without problems. Any suggestions what to do? Thanks for reading this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are the fonts? How were they installed? Have you tried copying the to the InDesign/Fonts folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean Textbook Cyrillic, is the creation date on that TrueType font from 1992? You should update it with an OpenType font.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's funny; haven't seen this one in a long, long time. If Michael is correct, you could get up-to-date OpenType versions of Textbook from Paratype. Or you could get some more weights of the same typeface in the form of Textbook New.

There are many ways to try to continue working with those fonts, whether or not you're using ancient Cyrillic fonts. The best way to start would be to follow Bob's advice; drop them in the \InDesign\Fonts folder and see if they work there. If not, come back and tell us the font format and method of installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm not a professional in this field so I need an advice.

drop them in the \InDesign\Fonts folder and see if they work there

When I did so, my Textbook C Italic (yes, Textbook Cyrillic Italic) disappeared and was replaced by Textbook C Bold, though I dropped all three of them in the named folder.

I'm ready to use Textbook New fonts but how will I give them to printing-office? They ask for fonts to be placed in special folder when I give them my file to print. Or it won't be a problem if I give them PDF?

How were they installed?

I chose the command Install with rigth-click on the font.

What format are the fonts?

I'm not sure how to find that... In Properties it is said that it is Type 1 Font file (.pfm).

is the creation date on that TrueType font from 1992?

Perhaps... I don't know, sorry.

You should update it with an OpenType font.

I hope that's not the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Type 1 fonts require two files. The PFM file is only half. You need the PFB file as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines