• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removal of boundary boxes

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ex PDF text appears on the 'edit PDF' page with boxes round each section of the text. Adding or altering text within these boxes works well but, as soon as one expands this text towards that in the next box, that second box does not move down.

New text then overlaps with that below.

With 'normal typing' the addition of an extra line in one paragraph automatically moves subsequent text down; this does not.

How then does one remove these 'boxes'?

Robert J

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

You cannot remove these "boxes". These are groupings that Acrobat determines automatically. Because of the effect you are describing, I assume you are using Adobe Acrobat XI or older. In those versions, you had to manually adjust the rest of the page layout after making a change. In Acrobat DC, the boxes below the one you modify will actually move down automatically.

Keep in mind that Acrobat is not a word processor or a desktop publishing application. It's edit features are very limited, in in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot remove these "boxes". These are groupings that Acrobat determines automatically. Because of the effect you are describing, I assume you are using Adobe Acrobat XI or older. In those versions, you had to manually adjust the rest of the page layout after making a change. In Acrobat DC, the boxes below the one you modify will actually move down automatically.

Keep in mind that Acrobat is not a word processor or a desktop publishing application. It's edit features are very limited, in in general only useful for minor changes. For more dramatic changes you should go back to the original document that was used to generate the PDF file, make the change in e.g. MS Word or InDesign or whatever other application was used, and then convert to PDF again. This is the only reliable way to really get what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks - actually I am using Acrobat DC so there must be an additional step I have missed. As you suggested one can go to an alternative form to correct - I tried 'Rich Text' which worked.

Personally I am not very conversant with these programmes/syswtems so apologies if I am missing the obvious!

Regards,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines