• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I split the layers of my logo?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a logo from a designer in Logo Tournament four years ago.  The FDA laws have changed and I now need to edit the text in the logo. I cannot contact the designer.  I need to separate the layers of the logo in order to get to the text layer, as the logo appears to be one layer. Despite the padlock not showing up next to the layer, when I try to alter the logo a message says the layer is locked.  I cannot move forward with my bakery business until I edit this logo.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe program are you going to use to try and fix this? Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, but am not proficient in, Photoshop and InDesign CS5.  I am on a Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? Can you post a screen shot of the Layers panel?

Note: This post will be moved from the non-technical lounge to the correct forum by a moderator after you identify the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 10.32.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there aren't any Layers, but one.

Use the Paint Brush tool and the Eye Dropper to set the primary color to what the background color is around the text you want to remove, and change. Then Paint over the text. Start a New Text Layer, just click on the Text Tool "T" icon, set the Font and Font Size (you'll have to do trial and error method unless you know the exact text used and the size) and Type in the new text.

Make a Backup using a different name and Save your work, Save and Save As (one after the other). Flatten the images and you're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  How do I "flatten" the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginamaries40324808 wrote:

How do I "flatten" the image?

Highlight all of the layers in the Layer panel, right click and choose the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right Click on the bottom layer, or any layer I guess, and Select Flatten. There is also a menu item for it but I'm not sure where it is as I always use the Right Click context menu to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines