Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing on 5.7

Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope you can help me with this issue . . . I purchased LR 5.0 and over time it has been updated to 5.7...I recently completed editing of over 2k photos . . . I downloaded (hopefully this is the right term) the photos on "Slideshow " and once done, I went back to the "Development " section and found that above my pictures there was a statement stating "The file could not be found ",   Also , it will not let me utilize the settings on the right column for editing the photos  nor burn a CD of my photos  . . Could you please help me with this so I can still edit and burn photos on a CD. . . Thank you in advance for your time and assistance .  Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

The photos have been moved, renamed or deleted outside of Lightroom. Or it could mean that the drive that contains these photos is uplugged. On Windows, it can also mean that the drive letter of the drive they are stored on has changed.

Which of these is the case?

If they have been moved, the easiest thing to do is to move them back to where they were.

Renaming is much harder to recover from and probably means you need to have un-renamed backups available.

If you have deleted the photos, you'd need

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos have been moved, renamed or deleted outside of Lightroom. Or it could mean that the drive that contains these photos is uplugged. On Windows, it can also mean that the drive letter of the drive they are stored on has changed.

Which of these is the case?

If they have been moved, the easiest thing to do is to move them back to where they were.

Renaming is much harder to recover from and probably means you need to have un-renamed backups available.

If you have deleted the photos, you'd need to find them in the trash or restore from backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't quite clear to me what you have done. Creating a slideshow does not involve "downloading" images at all. It is simply a process of going to the slideshow module  and generating the slideshow with the images that you have chosen. So the images should have remained in the same location. Are these images on your internal hard drive? Or, are they on an external hard drive? Can you please describe in detail the process that you described as downloading to a slideshow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines