• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't create custom stamps

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to create a custom stamp in Adobe Acrobat DC, the image I select fails to load and I can't make a stamp. I've tried using various images and the same thing happens every time. I haven't been able to create stamps from PDFs either since those don't appear after I click 'browse'. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using a Windows computer.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you creating custom stamps?

I've never encountered a problem when creating a custom stamp. It is possible that something in your Acrobat installation is corrupt. If that's the case, my first attempt to fix this would be to run the "Repair" function in Acrobat's "Help" menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run the 'Repair' function twice with no change. When attempting to create a stamp, I first click on 'custom stamps', then 'create', then 'browse', and then I select an image from my computer. But after I do this the box that should display the image remains blank.

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader select a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't; after I click Browse to search for a file no PDFs are visible, even in folders I know contain them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the file type to *.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat Reader do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same, using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on multiple systems.

Just like the image above, after browsing and selecting an image file, nothing appears in the preview box, and the "OK" button stays greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only select a PDF file in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure enough, that did the trick.

Thank you Try67, you rock.

I just ended a 30 minute chat session with a bot and a person both of whom insisted that stamps are not available at all in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Wow. Can't say I'm very surprised, though. I'm more surprised you were able to get them to help you at all with Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Reader you can use stamps, but you can't create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure you can... See the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines