• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

raw canon 1d mark2 files not uploading into lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have light room version 6.1.  I just updated.   Light room wont upload my files.  I'm trying to upload from a cf card into my card reader.  Just tried that card in my old 1d and works fine.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

If Windows does not see the photos, then you have defective hardware somewhere. It could be the camera card or card reader or cable connecting the camera to the computer, or the USB port. Try different hardware, different USB ports and even a different camera card that has some new photos on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what happens when it "won't upload". Please provide a lot of details. If there is an error message, quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click import it normally automatically pulls up the images up for me to choose and import.  But I don't see any images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion #1: update your Lightroom to version 6.8 if your operating system allows it.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

If that doesn't work, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed the patch but it still doesn't.  Here is my system infoUntitled2.png work.  Any suggestions.  I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your operating system see the photos on the camera card?

Does anything change if you connect the camera directly to the computer instead of using a card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  It does not.  I have windows 7 professional.  Do I need to upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Windows does not see the photos, then you have defective hardware somewhere. It could be the camera card or card reader or cable connecting the camera to the computer, or the USB port. Try different hardware, different USB ports and even a different camera card that has some new photos on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just tried plugging the camera in with the cord and lightroom recognized the camera and pulled in the images.

Your right.  Do you think the card reader doesn't like the new camera files?  Cause this new cf card and reader reads files from my old 1D  just not my new D1x.  Maybe update my card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some old card readers cannot read new cards. You'd have to read the specs on your card-reader (or maybe the card itself) to find out. But certainly a new card reader isn't expensive and will almost definitely read any type of new card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It reads the new card  with the old 1D files just not the new 1Dx camera files.   Ill just buy a new one.  At least I know I can upload with cord (sorry, duh).

Thank you for all your help:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines