• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to adobe premiere pro, need to buy laptop

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to start working with a friend, editing video and photographs with Adobe Premiere Pro. I've never used this program before, and I need to purchase a laptop that is optimal for this program. I need expert advice on the best laptops for it. She has the 2017 version.

Thank you for your time!

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

I do hope you know that any laptop requires AC power to keep the unit operating fast enough for decent editing.  They design laptops to power down the CPU, GPU and the screen illumination to optimize the battery life.

What video media will you be using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop Video Editing PC discussion - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2159438

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do hope you know that any laptop requires AC power to keep the unit operating fast enough for decent editing.  They design laptops to power down the CPU, GPU and the screen illumination to optimize the battery life.

What video media will you be using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

new laptops have just come out with the i7-7700hq and gtx 1050 ti 4gb. that with at least 16gb of ram and decent storage like one large fast m.2 pcie ssd or two sata ssd's will help premiere run fast. if working with very large picture/photoshop or premiere projects, 24-32gb of ram may also help. those laptops should start around $1k, but storage and ram upgrades could add on costs...  there are also external usb 3.0 ssd's from samsung that can be handy for transferring projects between machines and/or adding additional sata ssd's to a storage limited laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines