Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on laptop: problems importing .cr2 files

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I ve recently gotten an Adobe photo subscription and installed Lightroom on my laptop. So far everything is working dandy. However, whenever I try to import .cr2 (Canon raw files) the import dialogue takes forever or doesn't even continue or seems to freeze up. On my home computer Lightroom doesn't have a problem with those files at all. I even tried to import a single camera raw file but even that process seems to be of never ending nature. If anyone has a suggestion or an idea I'd really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Do you have any videos in that folder? If you do move them to another folder and try the import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is turn off the GPU option in the LR Preferences on the Performance tab. Then test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it didn't change anything. The pictures I m trying to import are contained in a folder and its content is only partially displayed in the middle window. One camera raw picture does have a thumbnail, the others don't. I tried importing the one with the picture preview thumbnail but of course Lightroom flipped me the finger ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the .CR2 files that are causing the problem? If you import some JPGs, do you have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any videos in that folder? If you do move them to another folder and try the import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was one .mp4 file in the folder. Moving it to another location is the solution to the problem. Thanx Just Shoot Me. Lightroom now recognizes all the files and even gives me little previews and also imports everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines