• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I already have LR, need PS

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already downloaded LR6 and use it exclusively for edits. I want to get PS as well but only see a CC bundle of the two as an option. If I buy the bundle, is there a way to only install PS not LR? I'm afraid the new CC LR might mess up my downloaded one on my Mac. Can someone please clarify what I should do. I do not see just a PS option for CC membership.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

You can order it as separate app, but that's 19.95 /mo annual commitment

Go with the Photography Plan anyway. You are not obligated to download the Lightroom CC until you are sure it won't be a problem.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can order it as separate app, but that's 19.95 /mo annual commitment

Go with the Photography Plan anyway. You are not obligated to download the Lightroom CC until you are sure it won't be a problem.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan includes PS Extended and latest LR but you're under no obligation to download & install LR until you're ready.   My guess is you will want it because it has new features the old one doesn't. 

You can have multiple versions of products on your system.  That's no problem because they install to separate folders.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While it is possible to subscribe to Photoshop only, you probably don't want to - it's twice as expensive as the Photography Plan.

So I would recommend subscribing to the Photography plan, which will also give you more features in Lightroom than LR6 (like Dehaze, Guided upright, etc).

You should be able to convert your existing LR6 into LR CC - it's the same install, the only difference is in the licensing.

But to be on the safe side, I would uninstall LR6 (don't worry, it will not remove your catalog/edits or your photos), then install the CC desktop app, and use that to install Photoshop and Lightroom CC.

LR CC should find your LR6 catalog, if it doesn't, just point it to the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines